Finance and Administration Manager
- Position (100%) based in Washington D.C.
- Only US citizen or Green Card holders may apply
The Finance and Administration Manager is responsible for the set up and management of the administrative structures of the ICRC regional delegation in Washington
In line with corresponding professional guidelines, coordinates and supervises all administrative files (finances, premises, logistics, IT and welcome)
As a member of the management team, contributes to the delegation's decision-making process, with particular focus on administrative matters.
In accordance with the existing professional guidelines and framework, manages and supervises administration activities of the delegation in terms of finances (budget - appx. 8 mio. CHF), premises (10 lease agreements) and welcome/IT/Log (structure of 30 resident, 10 mobile staff, family mission)
- Defines the objectives, priorities and needed financial, material and human resources, working closely with the HR manager
- Ensures that the ICRC internal administrative, financial, welcome, IT and logistic procedures are updated, respected and applied
- Coaches and builds the capacity of the admin team.
- Backstops the admin team in period of high needs
- Contributes to a conducive working atmosphere in which decision making processes are transparent and internal communication flows are efficient and adequate
- Provides support to the ICRC Delegation to the United Nation in New York on administrative matters.
- Reports to the Head of regional delegation
Background and profile required
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Economics, Business Administration, Finances or Management. Master Degree a plus
- 5+ years of work experience with a minimum of 3 years within Finance or Business.
- Excellent Business English. Other language a plus (French, Spanish)
- Very Good analytical, organizational, negotiation and presentation skills
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Team leadership skills; management experience a plus
- Able to work in an autonomous way
Length of assignment: Open-ended contract
Start date: December 2017
Salary conditions are based on the remuneration package of ICRC Washington.
Interested persons fulfilling the above criteria should send their applications by October 15th 2017 (letter of motivation and CV/resume) to Laure Macabrey at email@example.com). In the subject line of your email, please put: “WAS F&A Manager - Application”.