The ICRC New York Delegation to the UN, is seeking an energetic, bright, experienced and highly motivated person with the history of high performance to support Directors to fill the position of:
Executive Assistant & Information Management Officer
(This position is restricted to US Citizens and Green Card holders)
The Executive Assistant will provide high-level administrative support to the Management team (Head of Delegation and Deputy Head of Delegation). Having a broad vision of the Delegation's activities and overview of confidential and priority issues, she/he will facilitates the work for the Management team and ensure proper functioning of the Delegation. She/he will be responsible for information management and will act as a reference person for written protocols, correspondence and information platform systems, as well as organizing training for staff members.
This challenging role requires attention to detail, solid organizational skills, and the ability to meet tight deadlines while juggling multiple critical requests. The successful candidate will possess the skills to complete complex tasks quickly with little to no guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations which require a quick turnaround, be able to take effective action without having to know the complete picture, and efficiently and proactively solve difficult or complex problems that affect people within the department or other related groups.
Support to the Management team
- Acts as a facilitator within the management team and eases decision-making process, ensuring a coordinated and consistent work-flow.
- Manages complex calendar and scheduling for the Head of Delegation taking proactively his strategic priorities of the delegation into account.
- Coordinates external meetings, events, strategic long term planning for visitors as well as briefing materials, including speaking points, bios and topics.
- Organizes institutional missions to New York for high level interlocutors covering files of crosscutting nature.
- Participates in the organization of high-level ICRC visits (President, General Director, etc..) and coordinates the preparation of briefing and specific files.
- Maintains an active professional network of high-level contacts and counterparts in the diplomatic corps.
- Supervises the reception of visitors having appointments with Head of Delegation and helps to organize receptions, briefings and other events at which protocol must be observed.
- Provides weekly updates to relevant colleagues regarding all visitors’ activity and work to ensure that overall objectives set by the Management team are met.
- Organizes and participates to internal meetings and takes minutes of meeting upon request, follows up on deadlines and implementation of decisions and strategies, points out problems.
- Manages the database Contacts of external interlocutors for the Management team and supervises the updating of other departments’ contacts.
- Distributes email and correspondences and ensures appropriate follow up.
- Ensures that received UN documents are properly distributed within the Delegation and transmitted to Headquarters and/or Regions as necessary.
- Sends out special mass mailing to all Diplomatic Missions.
- Drafts independently diplomatic correspondence for the Head of Delegation.
- Proof-reads, edits, compiles, finalizes summaries reports and weekly highlights and sends them out upon Head of Delegation request.
- Prepares drafts procedures or directives for the signature of the Management team.
- Anticipates and assigns priority to requests and documents sent to the Management team in a proactive manner.
- Prepares files and carry out research on specific files.
- Manages and updates the filing system for the Management Team.
Support to the General Assembly (GA) team
- Provides support for delivery of ICRC speeches during the GA (scheduling, UN papersmart system, copies, etc.).
- Maintains contacts with relevant UN GA officials concerning meeting schedules, ICRC statements.
- Registers ICRC in the relevant UN Committees and makes sure to sign up Delegation for delivering statements as required.
- Informs desk (Headquarter in Switzerland) once statements are delivered.
- Sends electronic copy of GA statements made during High-Level week to regions, per request from file holders.
- Manages and coordinates a coherent and efficient information flow within the office, ensuring that policies, procedures and directives are applied by all staff members.
- Establishes and revises information management procedures and guidelines, including security and protection of sensitive data.
- Makes sure that the external presentations, letterhead stationery, business cards, envelopes, etc. comply with the applicable visual identity rules.
- Organizes, manages, updates and monitors the information shared on platform systems (SharePoint, IBM Lotus Notes, Intranet, web-based application)
- Controls and updates the data access rights ensuring policy compliance.
- Develops and maintains the Record Management system and procedures for the Delegation.
- Provides training to staff members on information management, written protocol and correspondence, record management, document security, as well as ICRC computing systems.
- Provides support and advice to staff members on technical issues / questions.
- Coordinates and works closely with the Regional Information Management Adviser to set goals and priorities in order to achieve the objectives based on the Information Environment Strategy (IES);
- Makes an active contribution for the implementation, management and monitoring of projects and systems related to the IES.
- Keeps knowledge and skills up to date on technology system and rapidly adapt to changes.
- University degree or certification as an executive assistant, event manager.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar position, preferably in an international organization.
- Proficiency in English, with knowledge of Spanish or French an asset.
- Technically savvy with proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, SharePoint and IBM Lotus Notes.
- Expertise in Information management, records management, project management.
- Experience with calendar management and event / meeting planning.
- Knowledge of UN documents system, a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to produce written material of a high standard without supervision.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow through with a high-level of accuracy.
- Outstanding organizational, prioritization, and time management skills.
- Pro-activeness to set priorities under tight deadlines.
- Critical thinking and analytical skills, sense of initiative, curiosity and creativity.
- Energetic and perseverant with ability to work independently with minimal guidance to drive things forward in a disciplined manner.
- Service orientated with experience in problem solving and decision making.
- Strong leadership, teamwork and coordination skills.
- Interest and capacity to train staff members, with pedagogical skills.
- Capacity to represent the ICRC to high-level contacts and counterparts in the diplomatic corps.
- Adaptable to a continually evolving international environment.
- Proven ability to work effectively and cooperatively in a team environment.
- Must possess the ability to effectively interface with a variety of people with tact and diplomacy and work well under stressful situations.
Interested and qualified persons with the required experience are invited to submit their application with a cover letter, detailed CV, copies of certificates and contact details of 3 references to the Human Resources department at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadlines to submit application: April 23, 2018