The Annual report 2015 of the ICRC is an account of field activities conducted worldwide. Activities are part of the organization's mandate to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war, and to promote respect for international humanitarian law.
Facts & Figures
- 31.3 million people had access to water and sanitation improved.
Read more on water and shelter.
- 13 million people were provided with basic aid such as food.
Read more on aid distribution.
- 2.9 million health consultations were conducted.
Read more on health.
- 929,900 detainees were visited.
Read more on visiting detainees.
- 479,000 calls were made between family members
Read more on restoring family links.
ICRC expenditure totalled 1,528. 9 million (CHF) for headquarters and field activities in 2015. Below are the top 15 operations globally by expenditure.
ICRC carried out activities in over 80 countries around the world in 2015. Below are the locations of operations by expenditure.
Click here to download the full Annual Report 2015.