The ICRC Regional Delegation in Washington is hiring an Inter-American Affairs Assistant (Part-Time, 25 hours per week)**
**Please note that this part-time entry-level position is only open to US Citizen or Green Card holders**
Minimum required knowledge & experience:
- Requiring undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university in the field(s) of international relations or related field
- Equally excellent command of English and Spanish
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Performs general administrative duties, including logistics, correspondence, scheduling, registration to events, etc., and creates, drafts, edits and formats documents
- Performs basic research on a variety of topics relevant to ICRC activities in the Americas
- Organizes and maintains information filing system
- Contributes to the implementation, monitoring and organization of specific projects and reports to Inter-American Affairs Advisor.
The Assistant reports to the Inter-American Affairs Advisor and discusses progress, problems and challenges encountered during the performance of duties and implementation of work plans. Under the overall supervision, guidance and approval of the Advisor, the Assistant:
- Requests, schedules and follows up appointments, meetings, presentations and other participation with external interlocutors; maintains and coordinates internal and external calendars; and plans and arranges visitors' programs of internal and external meetings, in coordination with other departments.
- Provides administrative and logistical support to activities held in Washington or elsewhere in the Americas, often involving or interacting with external interlocutors and other delegations.
- Monitors, gathers and synthesizes information in Spanish and English languages for briefing and reporting purposes.
- Performs basic research and prepares tables and drafts summaries and descriptions, and revises and finalizes draft text in English or Spanish language, for external or internal distribution.
- Attends meetings in Spanish or English language, and prepares meeting notes and reports, in English or Spanish language.
- Provides general office support and performs other related duties as assigned.
- Be aware of the delegation's objectives and activities.
- Understand the three components of the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement, humanitarian principles and basic international humanitarian law.
- Respect and observe the staff regulations of the ICRC in Washington.
- May be asked to perform duties and tasks not covered in this job description as well as to provide support to other departments when necessary.
Motivation letter along with resume and short Spanish and English writing samples (maximum 500 words each) should be sent to email@example.com.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. The position will remain open until filled.
Desired starting date: September 4, 2018
ICRC is a humanitarian organization, which works to protect and assist victims of armed conflicts and other situations of violence. The position within the institution requires to convey/respect the humanitarian principles of the ICRC. ICRC expects its employees to behave in an appropriate manner at all times and in all places. All members of staff should ensure their attitudes correspond to ICRC principles both during and after working hours.