The ICRC in New York is hiring an administrative assistant. The deadline for applications is September 15, 2017 and the starting date is October 15, 2017. Interested applicants should send resume and cover letter to Laure Macabrey at email@example.com. More information on the position is below.
Minimum required knowledge & experience:
- Professional school, Associate degree or secretarial training
- 2 years’ experience in a similar function
- Very good command of written and spoken English
- Very good computer skills
- Excellent organisational and methodical skills.
- Good communication skills
- Responsible for front-desk operations for the Delegation
- Welcome Tasks - organises travel and hotel accommodation for staff and visitors and their related documents, including arrangement of visas for professional travel, and renewing US visas for mobile staff.
- Ensures the reconciliation of travel and supply expenditures with monthly reporting
- In charge of Petty Cash
- Support to Chancellery
- Support on Visitor’s programs
- Support to specific file holders
- Responsible for answering all income phone calls to the Delegation.
- Welcoming of visitors at the Delegation.
- Responsible for maintaining the appearance of the reception area, main conference room and kitchen area.
- Ensure that all confidential information is properly stored and protected (Visa information, Passport information etc.) and that computer is locked when away from desk.
- Provide administrative support to visiting delegates (i.e. printing, online flight check-in/flight status).
- Respond to general requests sent to the Delegation regarding volunteering, general information and out ICRC operations, etc.
- Date stamp and distribute all incoming mail.
- Hand-deliver confidential items to interlocutors (such as UN, etc.).
- Contact FedEx & DHL for pick up.
- Ensure that all mailing supplies are stocked.
- Order office supplies and coffee breaks while ensuring cost efficient savings and maintain adequate inventory
Travel and Hotel accommodation
- Organize travel and accommodations arrangements for official trips (seminar, meeting, beginning of mission/end of mission) according to ICRC’s travel policy and requests duly validating in the NYC All Services DB (airline, hotel, and car reservations for NYC delegation and visitors from other delegations)
- Organize when applicable family reunion or ICRC supported holiday tickets with relevant mobile staff
- Ensure efficient communication and follow-through with NYC staff regarding their travel plans.
- Enter flight and hotel information on visiting delegates program.
- Identification and negotiation of rates with hotels in different US sites.
- Updating the Excel tracking sheet for incoming and outgoing visits.
- Preparation and delivering the welcome packet for visitors (delivered minimum 1 day prior to their arrival)
- Ensures the reconciliation of travel expenditures with monthly reporting
- Settlement of accounts - bills of travel/hotels with complete details and approvals from various departments.
- Preparation and daily follow up of all expenditures from the Credit Card accounts.
Visas – Filing expatriates
- Assist in obtaining travel visas in a timely manner.
- Assist with obtaining and renewing US visas for expatriates and their families.
- Coordinates with United States Mission & follows up thoroughly and intimely manner the official applications related to visa entries, accreditation cards, visa extensions, etc. to ensure legal stay for expats in the country
- Maintenance of a filing system for all delegate and visitor travel.
- In charge of Petty Cash
- Responsible for internal cash reconciliations
- Prepares cash control, and as such, he/she is responsible for the funds entrusted
- Establishes complete accounting documents including invoice, approval sticker.
- Monitors working advances and their settlement
- Hand Cash Box to Administrator at the end of the day
Official working hours: Monday to Friday 09h00-18h00 with 1 h lunch break
ICRC is a humanitarian organization, which works to protect and assist victims of armed conflicts. ICRC expects its employees to behave in an appropriate and professional manner at all times and in all places. All members of staff should ensure their attitudes correspond to ICRC principles both during and after working hours
Support to Chancellery on delegation activities
- Takes charge of the incoming and outgoing bordereau.
- Ensures that the external presentations, letterhead stationery, business cards, envelopes, etc. comply with the applicable visual identity rules
- Acts as back-up for managing appointment for Head of Delegation
- Acts as back-up for distribution of messages in NYC New York DB
- Acts as back-up for the registration of documents in the General Registrar
- Acts as back-up for update on NYC Team space
- Acts as back-up for Head of Delegation’s calendar and agenda
- Acts as back-up for management’s correspondence
Support of Visitor’s programs
- Support the Chancellery in the creation of visitor programs, participation in weekly visitor meetings with management, initiate contact and maintain an open-dialogue with all department coordinators from the beginning to the end of the visitors program (provide finalized draft program to all departments well in advance with designated times for them to book their external meetings).
- Schedule all internal meetings between management and visitor, ensure an all staff presentation is scheduled for the visitor (provide visitor guidelines for this presentation well in advance of their visit), responsible for designating escorts to accompany visitor to external meetings, maintain on-going daily program activity i.e. meetings booked, contacts made, status reports from departments on meetings they are expected to book, points of contact added to each program and format of program consistent.
- Finalize program providing visitor with an electronic version of their program one-week in advance (may include, talking points, agendas, bios, etc.), as well as providing Headquarters a final program for their information.
- Act as a point of contact for visitor before, during and following the mission to ensure the mission’s objectives were met, and to make sure the visitor is comfortable and prepared at all times.
- Support the set-up of briefing materials, including speaking points, bios, and topics.
Support to COM and other support to file holders
- Maintain the publications stock for the delegation
- Identify requirements for orders of current and new publications
- Monitor incoming orders, confirm accuracy of orders received, shelve or file stock
- Order and prepare documentation, kits and publications (support to file holders in their contacts and activities with diplomats, UN officials and civil society)
- Organise briefings, meetings and events (logistics)
- Follow file holders' agendas and make appointments
- Manage mailing lists for COM, and file holders' contacts in contact database
- Be aware of the delegations objectives and activities.
- Understand the three components of the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement.
- Apply the security rules at all times.
- Respects and observes the staff regulations of the ICRC in Washington.
The employee may be asked to perform duties and task not covered in this job description as well as to provide support to other departments when necessary.