On September 27, 2017 from 12 PM to 1:45 PM EST, a live-streamed expert panel at the Humanitarium will reflect on ways to reframe the narrative on IHL by focusing on contemporary examples of respect. Based on the promotion of instances of respect, the panel will reflect on new approaches and initiatives to reaffirm the relevance and usefulness of IHL and improve respect for it.
The conference is part of the ICRC's Conference Cycle on Generating respect for the law and will be live-streamed here.
- Vincent Bernard, Editor-in-Chief of the International Review of the Red Cross, ICRC
- H.E. Ambassador Beatriz Londoño Soto, Permanent Representation of Colombia, United Nations
- Dr. Helen Durham, Director of International Law and Policy, ICRC
- Dr. Robert Heinsch, Assoc. Prof, Grotius Center for International Legal Studies / Kalshoven-Gieskes Forum on International Humanitarian Law, Leiden University
- Michael Schmitt, Professor of International Law, University of Exeter, Charles H. Stockton Professor, Stockton Center, US Naval War College
For more information on the event, or to watch the live-stream, go here.