Watch the Berkeley Launch of The International Review of the Red Cross on "Generating Respect for the Law."
This panel discussion, focused on Stopping War Crimes Before They Happen: Preventing Violations of the Law in Armed Conflict was co-sponsored by the ICRC, American Red Cross, the American Society for International Law's Lieber Society, the Berkeley Center for the Study of Law and Society, and the Berkeley Human Rights Center.
- Tracey Begley, International Committee of the Red Cross, Washington (moderator)
- Andrew Carswell, International Committee of the Red Cross, Ottawa
- Richard Jackson, Colonel (Retired), Special Assistant to the U.S. Army Judge Advocate General for Law of War Matters
- Kate Jastram, UC Berkeley Blum Center for Developing Economies
- Sharon Weill, Visiting Scholar, CSLS, Berkeley Law; Lecturer in international law at Sciences-Po (Paris) and Geneva